The programme of screening tests is aimed at improving the detectability of respiratory diseases at the age when a properly diagnosed problem is still effectively treatable, thus contributing to reduction of mortality in the Nidzica Poviat. Invited to participate will be members of the defined age groups residing in the Poviat of Nidzica.
The prophylactic measures planned within our Project will include:
1. Screening for respiratory diseases to improve the detectability rate, involving:
- 1650 person at the age of sixty and older, who will be provided with an opportunity to have a chest X-ray,
- 1650 person at the age of sixty and older, who will be provided with an opportunity to have a spirometry test,
- 1330 children at the age of 3 to 9 years, who will be provided with an opportunity to have an allergy test,
- purchasing spirometers for the tests,
- training the medical staff in performing spirometry tests.
2. Pneumococcal vaccination to reduce the respiratory disease morbidity rate, involving:
- 93 children of 1-2 years of age (two doses),
- 706 children of 2-9 years of age (one dose),
- 1650 adults of 60 years of age and older (one dose).